Eden Reforestation Projects (Eden) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization facilitating landscape restoration and community development through nature-based solutions. Compassionate Carbon (CC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eden which facilitates carbon-financed conservation and restoration initiatives. Eden/CC work in developing regions of the world to protect and restore forests and ecosystems by working with local communities to address and mitigate the drivers of landscape degradation. Eden has active programming in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Fostering healthy relationships between communities and the land which we all depend through landscape restoration and conservation.
Reporting to the Technical Team Deputy Director, the Forest Carbon Lead will be part of CC’s Technical team and will be responsible for overseeing the development of technical aspects of CC’s forest carbon project development and subsequent operation. This position will build and implement the scalable systems and essential protocols that support and deliver the required technical outcomes of a growing, full-service, carbon development company.
• Provide technical leadership, oversight, and expertise for carbon project design and development including but not limited to, assessing potential sites for carbon projects, developing feasibility studies and project design documents, guiding restoration activities, species selection, ensuring compliance with restoration and carbon standards, and training of field teams
• Work in conjunction with the CC in-country teams to direct technical workflows ensuring that timelines and deliverables are met, and to guide the daily implementation of monitoring, reporting, and verification programs at carbon project sites
• Set in place systems to ensure the quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) of carbon project operations
• Conduct QA/QC checks to ensure that accurate completion of deliverables in accordance with methodological and standard requirements
• Oversee the development of additional monitoring tools and their deployment for biodiversity, socioeconomic, and other forms of monitoring
Support MVR and MEAL team members and activities
• Develop and organize project documentation and reporting
• Communicate complex technical concepts and analyses to diverse groups of stakeholders
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the latest greenhouse gas corporate accounting and reporting standards and methodologies such as the Verified Carbon Standard, Gold Standard, and others