Please see the full job description on hyperlink.
a) Project Management
• Develop strategy and identify proactively innovative interventions and approaches for delivering the project objectives in consultation with constituents and stakeholders. Review and analyze country specific development plans and priorities, socioeconomic data, reports and other relevant information. Assemble and edit basic data required for planning, reporting and negotiation of project activities, considering different approaches and alternative methods for project design, management, problem identification and problem resolution;
• To deliver the project objectives, build on previous adaptation planning efforts led in the country such as the National Adaptation Programme of Action (2006), the NAP Road map (2016), the Stocktaking Report (2016), the NAP framework (2020), the 3rd national communication (2021) and the updated NDC (2021);
• Ensure adherence to the UN Environment rules and regulations for financial and administrative matters and ensure timely fulfilment of all obligations and delivery of expected results of the project activities in the country with the support of the Finance Officer;
• Lead in the programming and control of resources from all sources of funds, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analyzing and monitoring resources as compared to planned activities, anticipate delays and make recommendations to project management for remedial action;
• Undertake missions to project sites independently or accompanying other officials, to provide guidance and coaching to partners on implementing the project and reporting requirements, and to identify challenges and propose solutions to resolve them;
• Monitor progress of project activities by reviewing, verifying and analyzing work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness. With the support of the National M&E and Gender Officer, routinely analyze and aggregate field reports, M&E results and lessons to be learned to prepare reports and recommendations. Identify problems, propose solutions and action and follow-up to expedite implementation and meet targets. Follow up on delays, clarify information and data provided, and act as the primary focal point for partners’ enquiries about clearance and processing requirements. Assist in the development and maintenance of information systems for use in monitoring and reporting on activities and performance;
• Identify and document good practices, lessons learned and relevant experiences that may be shared with other countries, or at the regional or global level;
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the technical or administrative supervisors that are related to the goals of the project.
b) NAP Process Coordination
• Draft portions of terms of reference, policy briefs, research, tools, guidelines and other materials developed by the project. Prepare background information, periodical reports, subject matter related technical reports and statistical data on status of project activities and relevant developments in the country;
• Organize, participate as a resource person, and represent the project in consultative meetings, seminars and training workshops. Serve as a focal point for selected technical subjects and prepare speeches, make presentations and address meetings on behalf of the project;
• Establish and maintain close and positive links with the relevant national, provincial and local stakeholders, such as national, provincial and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, private sector actors and the media that are active in the country;
• Maintain regular communication with the relevant specialists in UN Environment. Brief the specialists, project staff and consultants, and visiting officials, academics, UN and NGO partners and provide relevant information on project-related matters;
• Act as national focal point within the project on technical support and ensure visibility of the project and its donor by using the relevant identifiers on all materials and publications, and at workshops and events. Maintain relations with the donor at the national level, in line with guidance provided by project management;
• Draft, edit in, or translate into local language(s) key news releases, media statements, communication materials, official correspondence, statements and speeches and other public information material to communicate project activities.
c) Data Analysis:
• Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
• Ensures that requirements, background information used for data analysis are documented.