The Senior Manager/Programme Coordinator will work with the Energy & Climate team on wide-ranging project activities, and support the team by assuming responsible for various tasks related to project management, implementation and research.
• Lead assigned projects related to renewable energy, energy efficiency and climate planning and mitigation action, including technical execution of projects and management of project execution. Tasks include preparation and monitoring of implementation of work plans, technical design of interventions, sub-contract management and project reporting (both narrative and financial, with support from finance team)
• Prepare technical and finance proposals and enhance the portfolio of projects in the energy and climate change space
• Supervise assigned team, to ensure quality and timely deliverables
• Design and conduct technical workshops, as may be required
• Support the Deputy Director in business development and project management
• Undertake necessary research and perform requisite technical analysis, as required
• Develop and maintain relationships with partner organisations and clients
• Coordinate with city government agencies, project partners and stakeholders (including donors, government departments and ministries, industry associations, civil society etc.) for project related activities, event related activities, etc.
• Provide support and assistance in all aspects related to organizing and executing project events
• Project related travel as needed, including for representing the team and organisation
• Flexibility to work on new initiatives and areas
• Good understanding of energy security, power sector, building energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable energy policy, climate change and sustainability issues in the Indian and global context
• Experience of working in subject areas related to renewable energy/energy efficiency/ battery energy storage systems and climate change
• Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills
• Strong analytical and computational skills to undertake policy & regulatory review, baseline assessments, action planning, technology evaluation, cost-benefit analysis etc. Competency in financial analysis and structuring of projects is an added advantage
• Methodical and organized approach and working style
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work independently, as a team member and competency in leading a team.
• Willingness to travel frequently
• Interpersonal skills to work and collaborate with a range of partners
• Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn, adapt and take on a wide range of responsibilities across different energy and climate change subject areas
• Full familiarity with relevant computer applications ((MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, any other technical tools and applications)
• English (excellent spoken and written) and Hindi. Proficiency in one other Indian language is desired
• University degree in Engineering and completion of other relevant post-graduate education in Planning / Engineering (environmental/energy/climate mitigation/electrical/mechanical) or allied fields.
• 10 to 12 years of RELEVANT, post qualification, professional experience in the Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency fields
IV. General Information and Contact Information:
• Interested candidates are requested to submit CV (mentioning the job code in subject line) along with one-page note describing your suitability for the position and two references.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• ICLEI South Asia promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness (DEI), hence it encourages all, including females to apply for the position.
ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability, South Asia
C-3, Lower Ground Floor Green Park Extension New Delhi -110016 India
Tel: +91-11-4974 7200 Fax: +91-11-4974 7201