Senior Project Manager
Hybrid (within the UK) – with travel to our office in Central London
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voices in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 150 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of evidence-based policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
The Human Settlements Group works on urban poverty and environmental issues, supporting more equitable and sustainable development in urban centres in low- and middle-income countries.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the Group on a full-time basis for a one year, fixed term contract.
– Salary of £43,082 – £53,525 per annum, depending on skills and experience
– 25 days’ annual leave per year
– Closure between Christmas and new year with additional paid holiday
– 7.5% employer’s pension contributions
– An employee protection scheme offering a flexible menu of benefits
– An interest-free season-ticket loan
– A cycle-to-work scheme offering tax savings on the cost of purchasing a bike for travel to and from work
– An employee assistance programme
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
– Enhanced sick pay entitlements
– Flexible working options
– Support for learning and development
– Compassionate leave up to ten days per annum
– Dependents leave
– Eye tests and glasses
– Therapy treatment
This is a brilliant opportunity for a high-calibre project manager from an international development background with experience in managing finances for complex projects to join our organisation.
In this rewarding role, you will have the chance to contribute to an array of projects that support local and marginalised communities, strengthening voices and making transformative discoveries.
Alongside flexible working options and a range of benefits designed to support your work-life balance, you will discover an organisation dedicated to helping people and the environment across the globe. With your expertise, we will be able to do more, help more people and support a better world.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will primarily work on a portfolio of projects within our Forced Displacement Team, focusing on areas such as refugee wellbeing in cities as well as other projects within the Human Settlements group.
Specifically, you will provide financial management, project management and administrative support, co-ordinate research projects, and ensure project management approaches align with regulations and policies, monitoring progress and keeping track of deadlines.
You will also undertake contract management for complex projects and programmes, acting as a bid manager for funding proposals and using our financial systems to track spending and monitor budgets, forecasts and staff resources and co-ordinate project activities such as events, publications and narrative reporting.
To be considered as a Senior Project Manager, you will need:
– Experience in programme co-ordination and support roles
– Experience with different phases of the project cycle, especially budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
– Experience of the day-to-day management of a portfolio of complex, multi-layered budgets
– Experience of fundraising and proposal development
– Excellent knowledge of all practical aspects of budget and financial management in the international development sector
– A relevant degree (or equivalent)
IIED is a hybrid working organisation and you are likely to be working from home most of the time. As such, you will need a suitable place to work and a reliable, fast internet connection.
The closing date for applications is 20th November 2023.
Interviews are likely to take place on w/c 11th December 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Programme Co-ordinator, Senior Project Lead, Senior Project Delivery Manager, or Programme Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to embark on a rewarding journey as a Senior Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.