• Work on projects and programs of ICLEI under its low carbon agenda and support effective implementation of climate change and energy management related projects within ICLEI South Asia.
• Conduct and assist on technical research, analysis, report writing on topics of climate mitigation, GHG emission inventory, city climate action planning, energy efficiency, sustainable buildings, renewable energy.
• Independently collect and compile information and conduct analysis for policy review, technical analyses, action planning on projects related to above topics.
• Coordinate with key stakeholders for information gathering, consultations and validation of technical data and information.
• Assist the team in compiling technical reports and presentations to synthesize results, approaches and analyses in line with the discussions held with the Project Manager/ Reporting Officer
• Assist on all aspects related to organizing and executing stakeholder events and knowledge management programs as necessary
• Support preparation of background documents/knowledge products and other relevant documents for wider dissemination and outreach
• Assist with developing concept notes and proposals on sustainable energy, climate mitigation, and low emission urban development
• Assist in preparation of case studies and modules for training & capacity building programs
• Develop and manage strong relationships with the city government and other key stakeholders and partners in the relevant sectors
• Participate regularly in regional and global meetings, calls or other coordination activities with project partners, stakeholders and other cities, as needed.
Candidates should have:
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience related to climate change mitigation – planning and modelling, low-emission solutions such as renewable energy, energy efficiency, electric mobility, electric mobility, waste to energy, among others relevant to cities.
• Strong research and analytical skills are necessary. Prior involvement in research-based projects and technical assessments is desirable.
• Skills to undertake policy & regulatory review, baseline assessments, action planning, technology evaluation, cost-benefit analysis.
• Strategic thinking and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to problem-solve and influence decision-making processes in a diplomatic and collaborative manner.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Experience in maintaining collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders
• Comfortable with public speaking in varied settings, ranging from working groups to conferences.
• Ability to work independently & as part of a team and willing to travel frequently
• Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn, adapt and take on a wide range of responsibilities across different energy and climate change subject areas.
• Full familiarity with relevant computer applications (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, any other modelling tools and applications such energy and emissions modelling tools, building energy efficiency analysis tools, GIS)
• Excellent language skills:
Speaking and writing skills in English
Fluency in Hindi is preferred. Proficiency in any other language is desired