Sandbag is a non-profit think tank which uses data analysis to build evidence-based campaigns on EU climate policy. We aim to influence policymakers on policies around the decarbonisation of heavy industry, by reaching out to them privately or publicly through media articles, open letters, social media posts, events, responses to consultations, online tools and articles posted on our website. We are seeking to strengthen our communications, to improve Sandbag’s research output and make it more accessible and visible to relevant audiences. This will involve:
– Checking that our output is written in a clear and concise way and can be understood by the average reader;
– Ensuring consistency, timeliness and graphic harmony across Sandbag’s messaging;
– Creating and sending newsletters, press releases and other content to donors and journalists;
– Developing and enforcing communication policies such as editorial, graphical, for social media, etc.
The candidate will:
• care passionately about fighting climate change;
• have communications experience and qualifications;
• have a taste for political campaigning;
• be a confident WordPress user;
• have experience in growing visibility on X and LinkedIn;
• have native English-speaking level;
• have excellent writing skills in English;
• have the necessary permits to work in the EU. The ideal candidate will also have:
• previous experience in the NGO sector;
• some knowledge of EU climate policy.
Key information The role is based in Brussels in hybrid format (1 day a week or more), starting 1 December. Application instructions Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 November 2023. Interviews will take place shortly after.