The International Platform for Insetting (IPI) is looking for a strategic leader to successfully fulfil the organisation’s Theory of Impact through strategic planning, programming implementation, stakeholder engagement, partnership development and advocacy.
About the International Platform for Insetting (IPI)
The IPI is a business-led organisation which advocates for climate action at the source of global value chains. By fostering collaboration, sharing best practices, and driving innovative solutions, the IPI strives to create more resilient and regenerative business models and reverse the loss of nature.
About the position
The Executive Director is a driven and passionate individual who will oversee and implement the strategic aims of the IPI and report to the IPI Board. The Executive Director facilitates knowledge exchange and interaction between practitioners, as well as importantly, inspires and enables ambitious action on climate and nature through insetting. This role will act as the primary leader of the IPI’s Theory of Impact and annual operating plan including the development and execution of: (1) annual budgets, roadmap and infrastructure, (2) activities and programs, (3) stakeholder engagement and advocacy and (4) strategic partnerships to scale the IPI’s impact. This role is responsible for leading the organisation to achieve progress in these areas and the postholder will serve as chief executive officer in managing the organisation.
Organisational leadership and vision
• Effectively work with the Board, members, and other stakeholders to ensure that the organisation’s Theory of Impact and organisational strategy is fulfilled through strategic planning, programs, stakeholder engagement, partnership development, and advocacy.
• Mature the organisation through strengthening the IPI’s member value proposition and recruiting and onboarding new members.
• Establish and maintain relationships and strategic partnerships with members and key stakeholders and utilise those relationships to scale the organisation’s reach and impact.
Program development and implementation
• Identify and align priorities of programs in close collaboration with the Board and develop delivery plans against agreed priorities.
• Further develop the IPI’s Insetting Academy as the organisation’s main platform to facilitate knowledge exchange and interaction between practitioners.
• Effectively manage all required administration of the organisation’s operations and programs.
• Organise, facilitate and report on meetings including Board meetings, general assemblies and working groups.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with members and other stakeholders and create a supportive and enabling environment for them to effectively participate in the organisation’s activities to bring their maximum potential and get value from their engagement.
• Evaluate the staffing needs to effectively manage and grow the organisation and align in close collaboration with the Board the potential recruitment of qualified specialists.
• Line manage and oversee the work on independent contractors.
• Manage the annual budget of the organisation.
• Evaluate and develop additional revenue streams necessary to support the organisation’s growth ambitions, including identifying and applying for external grants and philanthropy.
• Manage the organisation’s communication channels and its regular updates.
• Develop a strategic approach to the organisation’s communications efforts and lead the implementation of defined tactics.
• Identify event opportunities and act as spokesperson for the organisation, fulfilling public speaking duties and representation of the organisation at relevant events to build the organisation’s profile.