This position will work with the GGKP team based in Geneva, Switzerland. It will coordinate activities of the global Coordination, Communication, and Knowledge Management (CCKM) project under the Global environment Facility (GEF)-funded “Implementing Sustainable Low and Non-Chemical Development in Small Island Developing States” (ISLANDS) program with the other six child projects in the Caribbean, Pacific, Indian Ocean, and Atlantic regions, with external partners and with members of the SIDS community globally.
The coordinator will work with communications and knowledge management staff, consultants, and subcontractors on the project to ensure timely, effective, and well-coordinated responses to the needs of the project and the program overall. The coordinator will also be responsible for close interaction with other ISLANDS child projects taking place at the regional level, to ensure ongoing information exchange, collegial learning, and collaborative troubleshooting. The overall objective of the coordinator is to make GEF ISLANDS a coherent and well-integrated program, not just a collection of individual projects.
Qualifications/special skills required:
– Advanced degree (master’s or above) in relevant discipline.
– At least 10 years of experience working in the SIDS community.
– At least 10 years of experience working on chemicals and waste related issues and familiarity with the requirements of the BRS and Minamata Conventions.
– At least 10 years of project management experience coordinating multi-stakeholder initiatives.
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
– Career-level professional knowledge relevant to chemicals and waste management, in areas such as: the BRS and Minamata Conventions, e-waste, End-of-life Vehicles, POPs and mercury management, technical alternatives, finance
– Extensive experience and network of contacts within the global SIDS community.
– Experience with project management of international projects including financial management and reporting, results-based (i.e., outcome-focused) project reporting, supervision of project staff and consultants.