Senior Press and PR Manager
Hybrid working (within the UK or outside the UK) with travel to our office in Central London
International applicants must have the right to work in the country which you wish to reside in, with a time difference of plus or minus two hours from UK (GMT/BST).
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voices in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 150 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of evidence-based policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
IIED is going through an exciting change process to be fit for the future, and we are seeking exceptional, collaborative people to be part of that change.
The Communications Group/home team works with all parts of our organisation and acts as a critical resource and centre of expertise, whilst operating to a budget of c £1.5m.
We are now looking for a Senior Press and PR Manager to join our Communications Group on a permanent, full-time basis.
– Salary of up to £56,174 per annum
– 25 days’ annual leave per year
– Closure between Christmas and new year with additional paid holiday
– 7.5% employer’s pension contributions
– An employee protection scheme offering a flexible menu of benefits
– An interest-free season-ticket loan
– A cycle-to-work scheme offering tax savings on the cost of purchasing a bike for travel to and from work
– An employee assistance programme
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
– Enhanced sick pay entitlements
– Flexible working options
– Support for learning and development
– Compassionate leave up to ten days per annum
– Dependents leave
– Eye tests and glasses
– Therapy treatment
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced press and PR professional with a background of engaging with national and international media contacts to make an impact with our essential organisation.
You’ll be the driving force behind our campaigns and media engagement, enabling us to grow our influence and continue to champion sustainable development and social justice!
Gaining exposure to a wide range of processes, media and creative practices, you will be enabled to grow professionally through the comprehensive support we provide and our positive working environment.
As a Senior Press and PR Manager, you will develop, implement and monitor our Press and PR strategy across print, broadcast and digital channels.
Developing strong relationships with a range of media contacts, you’ll support our work with the mainstream and specialist media to enhance our influence and strengthen our position across the sustainable development, climate, environment and social justice sectors.
You’ll write and deliver press pieces, as well as manage a Press Officer and support them to deliver the Hidden Handbrakes campaign, which includes commissioning original research aimed at generating news, which seeks to reveal barriers to climate change and social justice.
Additionally, you will:
– Work closely with the web content team
– Propose and commission research content
– Seek opportunities to develop stories and content
– Act as a main point of contact for media enquiries
– Provide advice to colleagues
– Ensure timely reporting, monitoring and evaluation
To be considered as a Senior Press and PR Manager, you will need:
– Experience of writing content for print, online and broadcast news channels
– Substantial experience of networking and building relationships with national and international media contacts
– Experience of working across teams and multi-partner situations, including teams based remotely and internationally
– Experience of providing an advisory service on issues related to press and media and/or delivering media training to non-specialists
– Experience of using media monitoring dashboards as part of M&E reporting
– Comprehensive knowledge of how national and international media work
– An understanding of how public affairs engagement can support media activity
Please note: candidates must be willing and able to travel internationally as appropriate to project commitments.
The salary range advertised in GBP is applicable in the UK only. The salary offer in another country would depend on the local terms and conditions. We only use the UK salary structure to determine starting salaries, but it will not apply to salaries outside the UK thereafter.
IIED is a hybrid working organisation and you are likely to be working from home most of the time. As such, you will need a suitable place to work and a reliable, fast internet connection.
The closing date for applications is 18th January 2024.
Please note as part of the interview process there will be a written task.
Other organisations may call this role Brand and Communications Manager, PR Manager, Marketing Manager, PR and Marketing Manager, PR and Media Manager, Communications and Engagement Manager, or Communications and PR Manager.
Webrecruit and International Institute for Environment and Development are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to seize this unique opportunity as a Senior Press and PR Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.